Are you ready for Black Friday? The busiest shopping day of the year is taking place on Friday, November 25—Kicking off the holiday season with a great opportunity to increase your sales. Last year, American shoppers spent an average of $430 on Black Friday, showing a 4.88% increase compared to 2020 (Deloitte). To us, those numbers speak loud. And since at Dastia we live and breathe conversions, we pursue every possible chance to help our clients boost their own. That’s why we not only recommend offering sales promotions and deals on this particular date, but also strongly encourage applying a lead nurturing strategy to convert those leads that did not do so in the past.
Understanding lead nurturing
First things first. Let’s talk about what exactly lead nurturing is. In a few words, it is a strategy that consists of establishing a series of automated interactions with those leads that did not convert at first, in order to engage and build a relationship with them. These interactions are based on impacts—like calls, emails or SMS—that are triggered by the leads’ behavior and personalized according to the information we have about them from previous conversations with our sales agents. Now, you may be wondering why lead nurturing is so important. Well, according to Hubspot, the average ecommerce conversion rate in the US is 2.57%. That means the remaining 97.43% of visitors leave your website empty handed. While this statistic may seem like a pill hard to swallow, to us it means there’s 97.43% room for growth. That’s why it is essential to carry out a lead nurturing strategy, to re-engage those leads that showed some interest but didn’t convert.
Make the most out of Black Friday
We cannot state it enough. It is crucial to keep in mind that many people decide to advance their Christmas shopping to Black Friday, due to its irresistible deals and the proximity of both dates (BlackFriday.com). Once again, a lead nurturing strategy plays a key role to capitalize on this date and boost your sales. Here are some useful tips you can follow to impact those leads that have not been converted—yet:
If your company has had contact with some of the leads in a previous occasion, then you’ll probably know what products might spark their interest. Use this information to your advantage and send them personalized offers!
Building an image and a reputation can be a challenging process, but it’s definitely worth the effort. Prove you understand your leads’ pain points and needs through well crafted content that they will find useful. This helps to develop a positive image of your brand that will make your leads more likely to buy from you in the future—even if they’ve never done it before
You’ve probably heard this countless times, but one size simply doesn’t fit all. When it comes to communicating with your leads, find out which channels they prefer and stick to them. Let them choose how they want to contact you. To ease this process, we recommend to offer all possible contact channels so your users can get in touch through their favorite one from the very beginning. So instead of guessing, you will already know their preferences when applying a lead nurturing strategy.
You should do this from the start by following the lead’s digital footprint. Keep a close eye on your users’ activity throughout their customer journey so that, if they don’t convert, you’ll know why and can impact them again in the future.
What kind of purchases can you expect this year?
To know which products will be the most demanded this year, we should take a look at last year’s trends. According to Insider Intelligence, the top five performing categories in 2021 were:
Apparel and accessories
Computer and consumer electronics
Auto and parts
Toys and hobby
It is no surprise that Apparel and accessories was the category that grew the most last year. As pandemic restrictions lifted, people began to demand new clothes for their wardrobe for their return to the office and social events.
Digging deep into the runner up category, Computer and consumer electronics, Apple’s iPhone, Mac, and AirPod products were highly demanded; while gaming consoles, smart TVs, home audio, and smart home electronics all performed as usual.
The third position is occupied by Auto and parts, which includes higher-priced items that require a long purchase decision process. Finally, the fourth (toys and hobby) and fifth (books/music/video) categories showcase those shoppers who decide to do some early Christmas shopping on Black Friday.
Black Friday 2022 is just around the corner. Start your lead nurturing strategy today!